Featured Post

The Problem with our Prayer

I shared this picture a couple of weeks ago on my Facebook page thinking: Wow, that's so true! Today, I still believe it's...

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Live Light

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon yourself and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30 

Have you ever been exhausted on any level? Have you ever been overwhelmed with something in your life? And you feel like no one else can do anything to help you? Because if this is you in anyway read what Jesus said," Come to me." He didn't say go watch T.V. or go play video games, He said," Come to me, and I will give you rest." How simple is that? "Come to Him, He says. It's such a simple act, we can come to Jesus in prayer, we go to the Bible, John 1:14 says," The Word became flesh and dwelt among us." Jesus made it so easy for us to be in touch with Him, so easy in fact that James 4:8 says,"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." And when we come to Him, He gives us rest. 

"Walk a mile in his shoes? I can barely walk that in mine." Isn't that how we feel a lot when people say that? But Jesus said to take His yoke upon yourself, and then he describes His yoke to us, about how it is easy and how His burden is light. He desires for us to be free from these struggles of life, and He says that all we have to do is to come to Him, and He will give us rest.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment